We are pleased to announce that the next Annual Meeting of the Northern California Technical Processes Group (NCTPG) will take place in San Francisco on Friday, May 8, 2020.
Our 83rd annual meeting theme is “Open in Technical Services”
For 2020, we will have two options for presenting. Full presentations are
usually 20-30 minutes with additional participation in a panel discussion.
Or participants can do a 5 minute lightning round talk on a project or idea that fits the theme.
At this event, we expect to have a broad representation of types of libraries (public, academic, special) and a diverse representation of roles within and around technical services. This half-day event will be held in Koret Auditorium at San Francisco Public Library, with optional afternoon tours of related interest nearby.
Possible topics related to the theme include:
- How Open Access resources are organized and maintained in your library system
- Ebook package management
- Managing vendor relationships in the digital landscape
- Digital repository management
- Accessing, cataloging and maintaining free and open resources on the web
- Maximizing library resources on a tightening budget
- Textbook management and Open Educational Resources
Please submit your proposal to the NCTPG steering committee with the subject “2020 Call for Presentations” at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.