We are pleased to announce the in-person 84th Annual Meeting of the Northern California Technical Processes Group (NCTPG) will take place in San Francisco on Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Registration details will be available by April 25, 2022.
Our 84th annual meeting will feature two full presentations on the topics of data analysis by Shellie Cocking and Randle McClure of San Francisco Public Library, and BIBFRAME by Nancy Lorimer of Stanford University.
In addition, we are seeking proposals for 5-minute lightning talks where speakers can discuss an idea, a project, or a change from their library.
At this event, we expect to have a broad representation of types of libraries (public, academic, special) and a diverse representation of roles within and around technical services. We are planning a half-day event to be held in person at Koret Auditorium at San Francisco Public Library.
Possible topics could include but are not limited to:
• Best practices in technical services (acquisitions, cataloging, collection management, contract negotiations, data analysis, electronic resources management, project management, etc.)
• Cross-training staff and/or cross-departmental collaborations
• Diversity, equity and inclusion within technical services and/or its work
• Hiring for technical services
• Improving morale and reducing burnout
• ILS/LSP migrations – insights or experiences
• ILS/LSP tips or workarounds
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, April 20, 2022.